New Beginnings at Triple 8

Well I would keep up with my reputation as a slacker for posting late for the one of the most anticipated day within the year, August 8, 2008. This will be a so much memorable day for me, not because of 2008 Summer Olympics in China or Sharon Cuneta's Concert but because my boss decided that this day would be my first official day in work not as a trainee (do I really need some trainning?) but as a full pledge employee.

Now my days as a bum is doomed, didn't even last a year (*$%#@). After acquiring a bachelor's degree in computers science last March, I ended up as an assistant of the general manager of a construction / developer / real estate firm. Their office has just move from Makati to Cavite. Lucky me, I don’t have to commute very long distances for work. It's just a few miles away; I can even walk to get the office.

My bosses really don't know what to call my position but I feel that my real job description should be A.A.A., yes that's 3 'A's and that would stand for All-Around-Assistant. Basically my tasks for this month are all related to setting up the new office for operation. Like Designing I.D.'s for our employees, calling cards, updating the payroll and expenses statements etc.

So much for the first job and one hell of a week. Everything in the office is chaotic - thanks to their previous assistant whoever that is. Hope to make things in shape so that I could be relieved earlier so I could attend my gym sessions again (crap I think I gaining weight again).

Sure thing my triple 8 day is a very very very lucky day for an ex-bum (ME:-).

2 comments:

pebi said...

blog hop! :)

Chris A. said...

Finally, a post! After some time. 3-A job? not really bad, except it is really a tedious and tiring job.

Good luck to yah my friend.

From someone who can truly understand-

Chris A.

http://lifeonapencil.blogspot.com
http://cmaquest.blogspot.com

Post a Comment